ADS 468x60

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Jeff Buckley Film In The Works

www.tips-fb.com
I'm a big fan of Jeff Buckley. A talented musician who tragically died way to young. So it perked my interested when I found out that a film based on the life of Buckley is in pre production.

Today they seemed to have found the man to play the part of the iconic singer in the form of Penn Badgley. Who? Do you watch Gossip Girl? No me neither.

Badgley seems to ply most of his trade in TV and Gossip Girl is what has got him noticed. He has also starred in Easy A, which I'm reliably informed is a good movie, but one I've not got round to watching yet.

Following the true story of the time leading up to Jeff Buckley’s performance at his late father’s tribute ceremony, the plot will follow his romance with a young woman and his slow understanding of the man who abandoned him as a child. As he finds his own voice, Jeff performed a cathartic rendition of 'I Never Asked To Be Your Mountain', a song written by Tim Buckley about his wife and infant son. While he never intended the concert to push his musical career to the next level, Buckley’s appearance nevertheless saw him accepted more than ever before.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one and hope they pay tribute to the man in a respectful way.

Source: Empireonline
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment