ADS 468x60

Friday 26 August 2011

The Rum Diary Trailer

www.tips-fb.com
At long last! A film that I've been waiting to see for several years finally, finally, gets a trailer. Hunter S. Thompson's The Rum Diary is almost upon us.

Directed by Bruce Robinson and starring Johnny Depp and Aaron Eckhart it nails my expectations and sets my enthusiasm levels to eleven.  I can't wait.

The Rum Diary has long been one of my favourite book, it even eclipses Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas for me, so when rumours were abound a few years ago that a film was on the horizon I was thrilled.

Then it got shelved. Nobody seemed to want to pick it up which I found astonishing. So Johnny Depp got to work and has himself, via his own production company, got the thing to the screens. Bravo sir, bravo.

Synopsis listed below followed by the trailer

Paul Kemp (Johnny Depp) is a freelance journalist who himself is a turning point in his life. He left for San Juan there to write for The San Juan Star, an important newspaper. Paul tries to escape reality through the use of large quantities of alcohol, drugs, women and music. However, if a local outbreak of rebellion, he gets together with his new friend Bob Sala, embroiled in a corrupt Development of a hotel.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment