ADS 468x60

Monday 9 May 2011

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Trailer

www.tips-fb.com
I love horror films. For me there's nothing better than turning off all the lights and settling down to be truly scared witless. The trouble is that it hasn't happened for a while. A long while.

I don't know if that I've simply just become desensitised to horror since I've been watching the genre for so long or if films just aren't scary anymore. A bit of both would be the intelligent answer I suppose.

The recent spate of horror which has included Para'snore'mal (thank you Dr K) Activity, The Rite, and The Last Exorcism have all missed the mark. They are branded as horror yet fail to scare. False advertisement maybe?

Well the trailer for Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark certainly sends shivers up your back with its creepy, whispering voice-over and quick scares but I get the feeling of deja-vu. This looks to offer up a real treat for horror aficionados but I get the feeling that I'll be let down again.

It boasts a screenplay by Guillermo Del Toro and a strong lead in Guy Pearce but I get the distinct feeling its another, been there, seen that type of film but I hope I'm wrong.

I've still to see Insidious which I've been reliably informed by several parties of its scare value and quality so who knows horror might just be getting scary again. Only on viewing will I really know for sure.



Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment