ADS 468x60

Thursday 25 August 2011

Bale Considering Oldboy Remake

www.tips-fb.com
This is one of those horrible stories that refuses to go away and never come back again. The Oldboy remake. I shudder every time I type that line.

Speilberg and Will Smith passed on the idea but then along came Spike Lee who picked up the directing reigns and is now apparently roping in Christian Bale.

The twist would appear to be that Bale is going for the role of villian instead of hero. Maybe it's because, coming off the back of Batman, he wanted something different. Well he'll definitely get that.

I know the idea is to plan this remake more on the comics than the original Korean masterpiece but it's still bad news in my eyes. Oldboy is one of those films that comes along once in a blue moon and blows its audience away. For me this is like someone remaking The Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather. I class Oldboy in the same league as those classics.

It's all just rumblings at the moment but lets hope this all gets shelved.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment