ADS 468x60

Wednesday 14 September 2011

LUCAS! Listen To Your Mate Steve!

www.tips-fb.com
Oh if only Steven Spielberg had come up with Star Wars. The man is a legend and even more so after speaking to the LA Times about tinkering with past films.

He and Lucas maybe bessie mates but their opinions on altering their previous films seems to be very different indeed. Oh and before you start screaming ET ... ET Special Edition, read the following first.

“I tried this once and lived to regret it," Spielberg said. "Not because of fan outrage, but because I was disappointed in myself." "I got overly sensitive to [some of the reaction -- including parents who had been less than pleased with the guns in the film] to “E.T.,” and I thought if technology evolved, [I might go in and change some things]… it was OK for a while, but I realised what I had done was I had robbed people who loved “E.T.” of their memories of E.T.”

You see, he regrets the decision, one I believe he was pushed into, right George?

I love the line "I had robbed people who loved ET of their memories of ET". A key thing to pick up on here is that Spielberg is showing respect for his fanbase, something Lucas obviously doesn't have, and acknowledges he made a mistake. Do you think you'd ever get something like that from Lucas, a full frank reassertion of his 'tinkering'? I doubt it.

George, listen to your mate, he's a better film maker than you could ever imagine to be, take his advice and forget about money for one, single, solitary minute.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment