ADS 468x60

Thursday 10 February 2011

Twilight To Highlander

www.tips-fb.com
Melissa Rosenberg, the screenwriter behind the first Twilight movie, now appears to be taking up writing duties on the Highlander reboot.

I could play the easy card here and spout all sorts of jokes about emo's and depressed millionaire teens but I think that ship has sailed so I'll concentrate on the positives. Errrmmm I'm struggling a bit here.

Even thought the Twilight franchise seems to have spawned its own empire, the movies themselves aren't really critically lauded. A quick visit to imdb shows that even the audience don't seem to be smitten with them the way marketing has you believe.

Producer Neil Moritz has stated that the new film will stay true to core of what they believe Highlander to be, but some of the worst films ever have been done with the best intentions. I'm not a big Highlander fan but it was enjoyable, and lets face it, Sean Connery from Scotland as the Spanish Juan Sanchex Villa-Lobos and Belgian, Christopher Lambert as the Scottish Connor MacLeod will take some beating.
Comments
2 Comments

2 comments:

Matt said...

Hmm, well the first one is rather a favourite of mine. However it did vastly go down hill as the franchise continued.

I'll be interested if I can watch this without thinking 'thats wrong' every five minutes like I normally do with late sequals or reboots - interestingly not with eh new Star Trek film though.

As long as the immortals don't turn out to be vampires I suppose it'll be ok.

Unknown said...

Apart from when they destroyed Vulcan? Bit odd then that Spock goes back there "later"?

Highlander better be good.

Post a Comment