ADS 468x60

Friday 20 May 2011

Titanic 3D

www.tips-fb.com
Like all blokes who confess to having watched James Cameron's Titanic, the best bits happen after the iceberg hits. The effects, the carnage and the mayhem that ensues are truly the more interesting and watchable parts.

Which is the only reason for anyone to want to watch this film over again in 3D. I see no point what-so-ever in watching the preceding couple of hours in this format.

I mean, the first hour or so is basically a romantic, slow paced for the sake of it, period drama. What can be more boring that watching that? Well watching it in 3D of course. Pointless.

Well that opportunity will arise for people on April 6th 2012 as Titanic gets released in a dulled down 30% color loss 3D version.

I don't embrace 3D and I don't think it adds anything to the format (my opinion) but I can understand why it's now the big thing and only an idiot would say that the format doesn't fit the last hour of Titanic. Icebergs crashing, water rushing everywhere, sinking - it's all tick boxes for 3D to be applied to but it's just not necessary.

People seem to think that those who are against 3D do not understand the reason for it. This is wrong, I fully understand the need and appetite for it especially with the CGI heavy films that we have today. My argument is that films stand on the strength of story and characters and when CGI takes a lead ahead of these factors I believe you have an inferior product.

It's a debate that will go on and on, I know people will disagree with the post and I know others won't but that's one of the main points of the blog existing, to get people talking about movies. Everyone has an opinion and it's their right to voice that, be it a minority or majority.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment