ADS 468x60

Monday 19 September 2011

The Thing Red Band Trailer

www.tips-fb.com
I'm surprised. Very, very surprised. It takes a lot to impress me, or even get me that interested when you mentioned remake, or reboot as the kids like to call it these days. But this has my attention.

Now even though The Thing is technically not a remake (although it really is) it's basically the same world as John Carpenters classic and the latest trailer unashamedly shows this.

The story seems to be the same, the characters look the same and, more importantly, the alien looks the same. Yes I know it appears polished but if look carefully at the this trailer you'll see they've tried to stick the original designs. And if you look really, really closely you'll actually see one of the frozen body parts from the original. As a film geek, I applaud that.

At the end of the day however, this is a trailer, the final film could be something altogether different and prove to be altogether disappointing. But I'm not allowing negative thoughts get to me on this, it looks great and I;m willing to give it a chance.

Check the trailer below and enjoy the violence.


Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment